Friday, July 29, 2011

My everyday morning...

Ever wonder what it's like to be a stay at home mom (SAHM) of two little boys?  Wonder no more.  It's been a rather pleasant morning in our household so I thought I might share it with you.

5:18   Wake up to Hudson's hungry cry.  Feed Hudson.  Try unsuccessfully to get him back to sleep.
5:40   Put Hudson back in his crib and pray he doesn't wake Danner.
6:30   I kind of remember Danner crying and maybe cuddling with my husband and both of them getting         up at some point.  Then I laid in a comatose like state for another 1/2 hr thinking I really should get up and make my husband breakfast...
7:00  Danner had to eat the rest of his dinner from the night before so he was grumpy.  Hudson was awake again and quite happy.   My husband made his own breakfast and looked like two lively kiddos and a half-asleep wife was not his idea of an ideal morning.
8:00  Breakfast was finished, Hudson was fed again and went down for a morning snooze.  Kitchen was cleaned up.  Cloth diapers thrown in the washer. Then Danner and I built a pretty sweet train track in the living room.
9:00  I was informed that I was playing trains wrong by a very upset (almost) 3 yr old.  That concluded the game of trains.  We then ate 1/2 a cantaloupe and I vegged out on the internet for the next 1/2 hr while Danner entertained himself.
10:00  Ventured outside to water the flowers, weed the garden and flowerbeds, and rip out morning glory from my raspberry bushes/vines/stalks/whatever you call them.  The last activity involved a lot of silent cursing.  Danner helped me weed.  My sunflowers and spinach both suffered some irreparable damage.  As an excuse to get Danner away from the rest of my poor veggies I turned on the sprinkler and called it a day for gardening.
10:45  Danner did a few laps around the yard in his tractor.  I was the motor.
10:50  Danner informed me it was lunch time and he was hungry.  I informed him that lunch does not happen before 11.  After considerable negotiations we agreed blueberry yogurt was a acceptable snack.
11:00  Back to the train.  Hudson woke up and was fed/changed/dressed.  Diapers hung out to dry.
11:30   Lunchtime!    At which Danner looked at me and said, "mommy, do you need a cup of coffee?"  in which I responded "no." and He said, "mommy, it's no, thank you." 

So Ta-da.  There you have it.  A pretty normal morning in the Hodge household.  Minus about 2 more diaper changes and bouts of whining & crying.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment