And it's so much fun to play in!
You might think I'm crazy, but there's actually a lot of benefits to letting your kids play out in the rain.
1. It burns a lot of energy in a short amount of time. And if you have boys you know this is important for their and your sanity.
2. Fresh air is good. People don't get sick from being out in the weather, they get sick from being stuck inside with a bunch of circulating germy air.
3. It's an adventure. Going on an adventure with someone creates memories and bonds that aren't quickly forgotten. So nourish those brother bonds. Or pull on your boots and join the fun.
4. It helps conquer fears and encourage bravery. Face the storm, literally. It's not nearly as scary if you're jumping in it's puddles, leaning into it's winds and enjoying yourself all the way. For a child to conquer a fear or face a challenge instills in them an 'I can do it' attitude. Something that's incredibly important for their success in life.
5. Mommy can watch from indoors with a nice uninterrupted cup of tea or coffee. :)
Danner drinking from the water spout. (Survival skills?)
(I also believe exposure to a few germs here and there just builds the immune system.)
See, no harm done.
Happy Rainy Days to You All
Go out and enjoy them!
I almost forgot!
6. It makes the hot cocoa taste better.