Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Introduction

This is me:

(Before children and an extra 20 lbs)

I am happily married to this man:
I mean, really, who wouldn't be happy being married to such a handsome, useful guy.
By the way, his name is Shelby.

And these are our two kids:
Danner would be the one 'hugging' his younger brother, Hudson.
He either loves him a lot or is trying to squeeze the life out of him.
Definitely debatable.

   I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time.  Mainly because I love to write, to encourage and to make people laugh.  I've technically had this blog for about 6 months.  At least, that's when I created it.  But then I couldn't find the perfect layout or background picture which was so frustrating I had to ignore it for a long time.  I still don't have the perfect design, but the 'itch' to write has been bugging me so much that I finally conceded to let it be.

   In the near future you can expect a variety of posts full of DIY projects (which will take you less then a 1/2 hr since that's my attention span for such projects); gardening tips (primarily on what not to do); entertaining, yet not too embarrassing, stories of my children; thoughts on parenting, marriage and probably 10 million other things.

   So bookmark this page, check on it now and again, and hopefully you can come away from it feeling encouraged and blessed.  Or, at the least, thanking God you're not as crazy, impatient and scatterbrained as that Blossom blogger.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go honey, I hope this turns out really well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading it all Hannah. You have a gift for writing:) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should write am inspirational book! I'd read it. I too am upset that so many men act like marriage is the end all of happiness, women gain and lose the same amount of freedom and bathroom counter space.

    ReplyDelete