Thursday, November 29, 2012

Faithful in the small things.

Third trimester hit and so have those crazy pregnancy hormones.  You know, the ones that make you conjure up all sorts of catastrophes until they feel real and at other times make you want to burst into big rolling tears for absolutely no reason.  They're frustrating.  They annoy me.  But at the same time, I'm thankful for them.

Why?  Because they give me a great opportunity to strengthen my faith.

It's easy to say "I trust God."  It's hard to really believe it.  Every time a sad and crazy scenario of doom pops into my mind I have the chance to entertain it, worry over it and let it consume my joy or I have the chance to trust God, remember his faithfulness and give it up to him in prayer.  And when I train my thoughts towards God and his trustworthiness, I'm growing in my faith.  That's an opportunity I don't want to miss.

God cares.

Just this morning Shelby drove off to work and as I watched him go I began to worry over his safety.  Those thoughts are destructive and I know it.  So I silently prayed, "Lord, watch over him today.  Quiet my mind. I know that you alone hold our days in your hand.  Help me to trust you and to know that you are good".   And I went on with my day. 

An hour later I had a message on my phone:  "Hey Honey, I don't know how but I managed to not be in a car wreck this morning.  The guy in front of me drove into oncoming traffic on a bridge and corrected with only millimeters to spare."

God heard my prayer and reassured me.  Life and death are in his hand.  I have no control over life's uncertainties.  But God does.  And peace can only be found through believing he is good, his plan is perfect, and he cares. 

Thanks God.


No comments:

Post a Comment